Friday, November 10, 2023

Happy Veteran”s Day

 To all the US Armed Forces Veterans on the Internet.

Thank you all for your service.  I wear my Cruise Jacket to remember the time I spent on board a Navy warship.  This year, I ask everyone to share pictures of their time in service.  Let us remember the sacrifices our veterans make, elevating this to the best darn country in the world.








I am a Navy Veteran,  There is a part of my personality and soul connected to the US Navy.  My father and grandfather both retired from the Navy.  Along life’s path, I have met and still hang out many veterans.  Many of us have a humorous side that only veterans understand.  Tomorrow is November 11, a day set aside to remember our veterans who have served.  The original intent of the holiday was to mark the end of the World War I.  (Oddly enough the war was called the war to end all wars).  Referred to Armistice Day until it was changed to Veterans Day.  

I only spent a short time in the US Navy, serving on the USS Monterey (CG-61), which was recently retired.  Here is a video of the ship and a few snap shots of when I was in the service. 


No comments:

Moved my Blog

 I have moved my Blog If you have landed on this page, you may have noticed that my blog has been relocated to a new host. While there are l...