Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Food, Fun and Movies

Well since I have been here I have frequented an Italian restaurant that has good food. So My recommendation for travelers coming here, are Stay at the Shrangri-la and pay for the good room and get the horizon club with it. Have the hotel at least make you a banana split. Also, check out Trattoria restaurant. It is located on 51 Dr Soetomo Rd. I have eaten lunch there almost everyday. If you are missing the states, you can have McDonald's delivered. Thats right, you can have a big mac delivered. The mall, called TP by the locals has a theater (referred to as cinema) on the fifth floor. The seats are assigned and even the bad seats are not that bad. I have seen two movies there, Die Hard 4.0 and Transformers. Both were really good. Although many critics give Die Hard a bad rep, the action and the story line was pretty decent and I enjoy the character that Bruce Willis plays.

It is hot and humid in the region, taxi fares are reasonable to cheap, and the people, for the most part, are friendly. No road rage, which is impressive considering the way people drive here. Have a good day and until next time.

No comments:

Moved my Blog

 I have moved my Blog If you have landed on this page, you may have noticed that my blog has been relocated to a new host. While there are l...