Thursday, June 28, 2007

Luggage and Travel

First, I want to apologize for the poor writing you must endure while reading my little blog. I do appreciate all the visitors and wish there were more. I believe I would have more readers if I posted more often, so I will try. In traveling so much, internet is not always available. So I will do my best.

About the luggage. My last trip was a 31 hour ordeal that took me across the USA to LA and then to Australia. From there I flew to Port Moresby Papua New Guinea. The flights, in each of there little part, was not bad. Very little turbulence and new aircraft with personal entertainment centers. None of them were very crowded either. So it wasn't bad. However, in transit through through LA international, we had to check in with Qantas Air in a different terminal than the one we landed in. Trouble enough. They had us rush through because "the plane is boarding now". NOT. Not only were they not boarding, but the flight had been delayed and the plane wasn't even at the gate. Go Figure. Well my checked luggage was having a great time at LAX, musthave met a really cute slim-line samsonite. My bags decided to hag out at LAX for an extra night and soak up some sun rays. Anyway, A message was sent informing all the airlines in the remainder of m flight that my bags were delayed. When checking into the Air Nuigini, they knew who I was but did not mention the luggage delay. So when I landed in Port Moresby, I had to wait for everyone else to get their luggage then ask the luggage guy about mine. He says "We recieved a message about your luggage and it will be here tomorrow." Great. One day without luggage.

To be continued........

No comments:

Moved my Blog

 I have moved my Blog If you have landed on this page, you may have noticed that my blog has been relocated to a new host. While there are l...