Monday, March 27, 2006

Africa, Africa, Africa

Again I traveled to Africa. This time to Swaziland and Zambia. They are both located in the southern part of Africa. The trip was uneventful. The rainy season is coming to an end, but everything is green. Not what I expected. I think of brown grass and dry humid weather when I think of Africa. Well its not like that year around. They tend to have "rainy" and "dry" seasons. As opposed to our four seasons.
The flight over was a grueling 19 hour job out of Atlanta. We had one layover for fuel, but the passengers were not allowed off the plane. (boooo). I had a couple of firsts on this trip. First time to Atlanta airport, not great, but not as bad as Paris. And the first time I was fed beef jerky on a flight. Very interesting. This was also the first time I had an aircraft get changed because of mechanical problems. We were about to take off and the pilot turned us around and we switched planes. I am all for that, I like flying on planes with a "No Crash" history. The flight was on a little Airstream 41. 37 passenger turbo prop. And when you have a window seat, unless your 5'2'' tall, means you are going to get a kink in your neck.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Moved my Blog

 I have moved my Blog If you have landed on this page, you may have noticed that my blog has been relocated to a new host. While there are l...