Friday, April 12, 2013

"K" is For Key West

Okay friends, you may or may not know, but I am a US Navy Veteran. Many of my travels as a younger man involved being assigned to a US Navy worship.  When I decided not to re-enlist, I had decided I would not go on any other cruises.  Well, many years later I meet my great wife, and she wanted to take a cruise.  So we decided we would take a little three day cruise on Carnival.  This is how we learned a few things about cruising.

Our first stop on this cruise was Key West.  I thought that was great, I had never been to the most southern point of the United States of america.  This first stop gave me the opportunity.


The weather was great, it was late April, and we were able to walk around the small port town of Key West.  Ie also took a Glass Bottom Boat ride, but the seas were a little choppy, and we really did not see much on the trip.

The Key West Hard Rock Cafe was open, so we caught a bicycle basket ride from the picture above to the hard rock for lunch.

It was a short little visit, I think I want to go back and see more of the island.  If you have a chance you should check out Key West.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Key West in on my bucket list... someday!!
Peanut Butter and Whine

MZ said...

Thanks for stopping by wittbits. You have some very inspiring pictures. Keep writing.

Shawn said...

Hi from A-Z. FYI the southernmost point in the CONTIGUOUS US is in Florida but the southernmost point period is actually in Hawaii.

Tronster said...

Shawn, Hawaii is on our travel list. Maybe I can then stop by the southern most point in the CONTIGUOUS US. In addition, I have been to Singapore and it claim to the southern most point of Asia. I just don't recall the caveat for the claim.

Moved my Blog

 I have moved my Blog If you have landed on this page, you may have noticed that my blog has been relocated to a new host. While there are l...