Sunday, September 04, 2005

Trinidad Part II

What a beautiful place. You can see mountains all around the Capital of Port of Spain. Sunrises and sunset are great. An interesting fact about Port of Spain, it has the largest right hand traffic circle in the world. Amazing I know, but true none the less. While in Trinidad I was housed in the Hilton. Great hotel. I didn't venture of the hotel grounds, because everything I needed was there. I was able to eat most meals at the hotel and I finished two books. One was supporting the fair tax act, and the other was the book of John, out of the Bible.

Port of Spain is the capital of Trinidad & Tobago. (two islands, one country) They just celebrated their 30 year anniversary of independence from England. Tobago is safer for tourist, than Trinidad. While I was only there for a short time, the Deputy Chief of Police had his car stolen from the police station. The local news made a big deal about it, and I thought it was funny myself. I'm laughing as a matter of fact. While there I acquired a new coffee cup, and a taste for strawberry Ice cream. The only other souvenir was a sun burn. Which tormented me for about a week.

That's about all from Trinidad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you have cake and icecream on the 28? I sure hope so! Call me when you can.

Moved my Blog

 I have moved my Blog If you have landed on this page, you may have noticed that my blog has been relocated to a new host. While there are l...