Saturday, July 02, 2005

Road Trip

Today, I ventured out to Skyline Drive. A lovely part of the Shenandoah National Park. If you are ever in the area, I would suggest taking a day and checking it out. There are several little hikes you can take that will lead you to some of the most beautiful country you have ever seen. I took one hike up to Bearfence Rock. The sign said it was 300 yards from the road. The trail was a mountain goat trail. I had to climb rocks and go almost completely up hill. The view was spectacular. The walk was like running a stair-stepper. The down hill side was much easier. I didn't run into of the Appalachian trail hikers, but I did run into a few day hikers enjoying the weather as much as I was. It didn't break 70 degrees until after 1:00 p.m. It was a reat time, and I think next time I will go prepared for a hike to "The devils staircase" falls. Its a five mile hike from the drive and I wasn't prepared for that.

No comments:

Moved my Blog

 I have moved my Blog If you have landed on this page, you may have noticed that my blog has been relocated to a new host. While there are l...